Thursday, November 19, 2009

November's New Music Explosion

What is going on this month, or the week even? How is it possible that the record label gods decided it's a good idea to have John Mayer, Leona Lewis, One Republic, Norah Jones and new-comers Kris Allen and Justin Bieber all come out with a CD on the same day!? Regardless of the fact that I think they should have spread out the releases of so many great CDs, I'm quite excited for all this new music!

The only problem is that I firmly believe that when you get a new CD, you have to give it some undivided attention. You need to listen to that CD and that CD alone from start to finish a couple times to really get a feel for it in my opinion. With so many new CDs right now, and a limited amount of time and money, I have to decide on one or two for the time being!

So I listened to the 30 second clips from all the aforementioned CDs on iTunes and the one that stood out to me was Kris Allen. I'm not really surprised (I voted for him all season long), but I had been looking forward to John Mayer's new CD for some time and nothing really jumped out at me. You have to be in the mood for John Mayer though so I'll give it a try again later, perhaps when I'm more mellow and not so it's-my-birthday-so-let's-celebrate!

Justin Bieber has a few great singles (I jam out to One Time on a daily basis), but the 9 track CD won't be something I'll be purchasing. Leona Lewis has this amazing voice but for some reason it's just not exciting. She also looks crazy on her CD cover. How they managed to make such a beautiful person look crazy is a talent I do not want. I have high hopes for the One Republic CD as well, I definitely love the lead singer's voice, but for now I'm off to grab the Kris Allen CD and perhaps see if Target is cool enough to carry some Runner Runner, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If you happen to have any of these CDs and have opinions about them, let me know!! Because if the John Mayer CD is a dud or must-have, I need to know! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment